Monday, July 21, 2014

Making New Friends and Building New Relationships

July 21, 2014 Edition

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. Helen Keller

Traveling America and Going Home 
for the 4th of July Part Three
Jean Blankenship, Kenlie, Braxton, and Alexa Anderson
Once upon a lifetime ago, a young woman named Jean Meadors now Jean Blankenship rode the same school bus the school I rode. She got on in the mornings just after I got on and off before me. I would not be the only one watching her walk toward her house until the bus got to far for us to see her.

I had not seen Jean for more than 40 years until Facebook. When I visited my mother and father for their 63rd anniversary, Jean came to visit with her three beautiful grand children; Kenlie, Braxton, and Alexa.

Mary Bell
Mary Bell came to visit while at my parents. Mary went to school with my sisters and we connected on Facebook. Many people at home thought my parents only had three daughters. My brother and I were 6 and 8 years older than our oldest sister. Mary is a high energy one who loves the outdoors and staying active. She is known on occasion to be found in the line for line dancing boot scooting style. Mary attended the church where my father was once the church minister.

On the way home, I met a big rig driver named Sylvester. He sat beside me most of the way home. Sylvester was sent to be my guardian angel while he told me his story. He drives and will not retire to support his entire family. Many have health conditions requiring constant care and he provides for all.

He saved my bacon when I became separated from my ticket in Amarillo, Texas. I was not going to be allowed back on the bus unless I paid hundreds of the dollars more for a new one than the one I already had. 

When Sylvester re - boarded, he found my ticket in our seat and came running off the bus with it high and lifted  in his left hand. I moved through a line of people like Moses parting the Red Sea.

I was who many of you know me to be on this trip. I had made a covenant with myself I would only eat fried chicken once on the way home. When I found fried chicken at an out of the way side road bus stop, I got a wing and a breast to facilitate my happiness.

As I was eating the wing anticipating the breast, I noticed a lady not eating. I asked if she like fried chicken and gave her the breast. The same thing happened on the way home, except, I prepared by getting more wings. That story is next time. Stay with me, the celebration continues with Crawford's food to die for, 4th of July fireworks show, and my sister's home deep inside the country heartland on the border of Kentucky and Tennessee. 

Love and Blessings! 

Information You Can Use


Shakonda Fontae Cloud
From Shakonda Fontae Cloud and Blusky Travel

I have an opportunity I would like to present to you that will transform your mental to a more innovative means to create residual income. If you're interested make time to listen to this and share this among like -minded individuals!
Call this number it is the inspirational morning vitamin 530-881-1399 code 217644# This will enlighten you and ignite a spark of motivation inside you I promise!!! I look forward to our follow up contact me @931-302-6417 or email Fontae36@gmail.com.

This is an exciting opportunity. When you call, ask Shakonda how you can experience a Paycation. Sound fabulous? Wait until you hear how you can achieve. Don't keep to yourselves. Share with your networks. Let everybody in a good thing. More information coming on Wednesday.




Does God Care?
Teila and Jeff Tankersley

The work of Teila and Jeff Tankersley. Does God care? We invite you to share your stories with us and if you have a friend who needs encouragement order our book, God Doesn't Care....or Does He? Written by several individuals who have had an encounter with the living God. Profits from the sale of this book are being donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital, because we believe God truly cares. Get the Kindle Edition or Paperback






Next time meet author Derrick Farris.


No comments:

Post a Comment