Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Making New Friends and Building New Relationships

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 Edition


Welcome to this Edition of Making New Friends and Building New Relationships. In today's edition, the Conclusion of Traveling America and Going Home July 4th plus this week in comics, Riding Shotgun, and article links. 

Love and Blessings,
Oscar Crawford, Producer and Editor


Traveling America and Going Home 
July 4th, The Conclusion

From the moment I arrived at the Greyhound Bus Station in Nashville, Tennessee; I had only moments to reflect on the previous ten days that in hindsight felt like a whirlwind. 


I think of my parents married 63 years, the challenges ahead of them, and how I feel living so far away. I recall the July 4th Celebration, being with my brother and sisters altogether for the first time in forever, and meeting family I never knew I had.

Clyde and Betty Crawford 63 Years Married
I think of myself as the Master Bus Rider.  I want to have choice of seating so as soon as I can I place my luggage near the departure door. Tonight, I am second in the line.

It is time to meet people going where I am going. I meet a woman older than me who wants to impress me. Others observing thin I need to be rescued. There are now seven women and plus a two year old whose mom is holding a baby in her arms. One of the seven is mom to the woman with the two yer old and baby. It is all good fun and the adventure of traveling by us.

We all agree to look out for each other. We talk until we board. At our first stop hours later, I get to do my first good deed. I ask if I can get something for the family of three generations. I get water for the young mom. She cannot move. Her little ones are sleep.

I want to walk more than anything. I get back on with water and we roll on.

I meet more interesting souls. I meet a native sister who lives on her on desert farm in Southern Arizona with interesting tales to tell. She walked up to and asked, "What tribe are you?"

I responded, "Cherokee." She told me she could see it. We shared Fried Chicken at a stop in Oklahoma. Oklahoma City would prove to be a fertile ground for meeting new and exciting people.

It was on this leg of the journey that I met Henry Martinez, an (MMA) mixed martial arts professional. Henry is living an exciting life. His craft has taken him many exciting places.

There was the Christian Man from Iraq named Mr. Najor. There were the Garrisons Brothers plus the oldest brothers sweetheart. There was Michelle Tidwell, an Arizona beauty for sure and Author Alexandria Hammer, a very different woman traveling with her dog.  The closer we got to Arizona, it became clearer the time drew near we would all be taking different paths.


Left to Right - Alexandria Hammer, Henry Martinez,
Michelle Tidwell, and the Sweetheart and the Garrison Brothers
When I arrived in Phoenix by 9 AM, it was already over 100 degrees. Now I must get the city bus to the light rail. When I boarded the bus, I did not have exact change for the fare and could not use my debit card. The driver told me to just put in what I had. I would be able to use my debit card for the train.

Phoenix Light Rail
When I got off the train, there was one more bus connection to get home. I had to walk to the be there for 30 minutes waiting until I saw familiar faces. There was Bonnie, our daughter - in - law, Kerry, and our grand daughter Isabella. I got in the SUV and five minutes later I was where Dorothy was happy to be when she finally woke up in Kansas. 

I have had a great experience Traveling America and Going Home for the 4th of July. I will make this trip again for two week around Thanksgiving and add Chicago to my baby daughter Bernadette's house to the itinerary. Dorothy is right, there really is no place like home. Until next time, love and blessing to all, Oscar

This Week's Blogfold


This Week's Comics



Riding Shotgun

The next book from Oscar Crawford Media is Riding Shotgun. It tells the story of Riding Shotgun in a 1964 Chevy like this on the night of June 10, 1968. It was the night that almost cost my my life and would change my life forever. Get the preview here next week and access to your copy.


Article Links for the Past Week






Hangout with Me on the following Social Networks


Next time we will begin to disclose Human Relations Practices that build relationships that work, Until then, Love and Blessings to YOU!

Oscar Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment